Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What does "Dream Sleepless" mean?

I know I use variations of "Dream Sleepless" or "Sleepless Dreamer" a lot in my posts, I swear its not some kind of esoteric, Bowie/Gaga-esque saying I use to draw in fellow snobs, without myself knowing what i'm talking about.

I have had a lifelong obsession with dreams. I find it fascinating the little show our brains put on for us while we sleep. What do they mean? Why are they so real one second, then obviously a fabricated reality the next? How do they happen? Questions like these and others have made dreams a universal among all of us. If you're from New York, Paris, Hong Kong, or anything in between; you've probably got that one dream that freaked out out, gave you insight, and you'll always tell to a circle of new friends or at a party.

For this reason i've always held dreams in high regard. It's the one thing we all do right? If it's the one thing we all do, maybe it's the key to finding a common ground.

However, the title of this blog is not "Dreams," that name was probably taken a long time ago and I would have to spell it with a 3 for an 'e' or a 5 for an 's'.

The funny thing about dreams, as we've learned from Inception (one of my favorite movies of all time), is that whilst we are dreaming, we are simultaneously creating and observing the world we are creating.

This fact has led me down some very strange roads; If we are creating the dream as we dream it, then where's the cutoff?  Do we create a vision in our heads and then we observe it?  Or is it happening so fast it appears to happen at the same time?  Or, is it actually happening at the same time, and you are actually multitasking?

And now the grand finale...

If a dream is a vision that you create and observe while it is happening, then I seek to create my own world around me and observe it as well.

My goal is achieve a dream without sleep, by simultaneously changing and observing the world around me.

This blog will contain anything and everything i think of that relates to the theme of sharing a dream or vision.

You will see:

* Photography by me, anything i think is dreamlike or amazing enough to share.

* Prose/Poetry relating to dreams and their effect on people.

* Anytime I have a noteworthy dream, you all will be the first to know.

* The occasional essay relating to this concept of creating and observing the world, my mission to creat a sleepless dream.

So lets hope I have a voice out here in the blog world, better yet, lets all hope it has something to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment